Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chapter 16 and 17 Never Let Me Go: Thoughts so far

"It never occurred to me that our lives, until then so closely interwoven, could unravel and separate over a thing like that" (page 197).

Okay, I'm going to be very honest: I hate drama. These two chapters are FILLED with it. Deceptive people just get on my nerves. This whole thing with Tommy, Ruth, and Kathy is almost too much. For instance, when I confide in someone, I trust that they will keep my words secret, even if we are just joking around. It's just shady to go against a promise in my opinion. These chapters kind of remind me of when I was a little kid. I would always confide in my older sister, hoping that all of our secrets were kept between us and ONLY us. Then, whenever I did something wrong, she would go rant to my mom and pour out all of my other secrets. For me, this just was THE WORST. For instance, whenever we had vegetables for dinner, I always excused myself and spit them out into tissues to throw away. And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for my sister. Or when we woke up for school: we had this race as to who could get dressed faster. Whoever lost had to turn off the light. I don't know why, but this was a BIG deal. We would trip each other on the way out when we tied our shoes so we didn't have to turn off the light. And then, the loser would glare at the other person ALL breakfast. My sister's glare was the scariest thing in the world, and I would always hide behind my Rice Krispies. Looking back on it now, it wasn't a big deal. But I seriously hated being told on. I spent countless days in timeout for that girl. Most people would have thought I would have learned, but I continued to confide in her with my deepest darkest secrets, and she would promise me that she would never ever ever tell anyone. We even pinky swore. But somehow, my mom always found out, and it was the reason my sister and I ALWAYS fought when we were little.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't know why Ruth had to the tell on Kathy. It just made me angry. They were just joking around! Ruth is not as great of a friend as Kathy thinks. If I were Kathy, I would not have even befriended Ruth in the first place! Ruth doesn't really do anything for anyone else; she only cares about herself. Words of advice: Kathy, get some new friends who REALLY care for you. And don't throw away the ones that do. Grr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment