Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thoughts on Chapter 13 Never Let Me Go and the book so far....

"What they said... was that if you were a boy and a girl, and you were in love with each other, really properly in love, and if you could show it, then the people how run Hailsham, they sorted it out for you" (page 153).

To be honest, the plot of this story is a little confusing. I'm just confused about this whole couples thing. I'm kinda confused about this whole storyline in general. Yes, it is confusing in the sense that I have never read about clones before. Whatever the case, I've had a difficult time following along. The story, in a sense, does remind me of A Separate Peace. The boarding school in England similarity between the two books might have something to do with it, but it also has something to do with the friendship theme and the bits of jealousy, betrayal, and innocence that are essential to both plots.


First off, I need to watch both of these movies. I read both of these books, and I am very impressed at how both movies captured the books, as far as I can tell from the trailers at least. And secondly, when I watched this trailer, I couldn't help but think about how honesty is another important commonality between these books. Why is everything at Hailsham so hush hush? Why are there all these rumors going around about deferrals? Why couldn't the world just be honest with these kids? I don't get it! And then with A Separate Peace. Okay, so if jealousy wouldn't have taken the best out of the main character, all of the suspense of the plot would not have taken place. But the main character should have been honest with his best friend. He should have told him why he pushed him out of the tree. Yes, he would have lost his best friend, but honesty is key to every relationship. Honesty is key is basically every part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment