Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chapters 9 and 10 Never Let Me Go; Literary Term in Use: THEME

"Because somewhere underneath, a part of us stayed like that: fearful of the world around us, and- no matter how much we despised ourselves for it- unable quite to let each other go" (page 120).

 Throughout this novel, Kazuo incorporates the concept of the theme for this book. Even though I have not read all of the book, I am well aware that friendship is at the core of the novel. The premise of the storyline is centered around Kathy's relationships with Tommy and Ruth. Yes, the book also has to do with clones and donations and whatnot. However, one of the central themes of the novel is friendship and the memories that correlate. Kathy is blessed with two unbelievable friendships, both with Tommy and Ruth. The central theme around friendship is also incorportated, more importantly, to relate to the reader. Everyone can relate to the importance of friends in this world. Perhaps this is why Kazuo found it ever more essential to incorporate the friendship aspect to his novel.


Okay, so I'm not going to lie: I love this song! It is from my all-time favorite movie A Cinderella Story,  and it's all about how this girl doesn't care what a person's background is or what they like to do: she just wants to have a friend. She would basically give her life away for someone who cared so strongly about her. Personally, when I read this book, I have this song in my head. Okay, so I ALWAYS have a song stuck in my head, but that's beside the point here. The friendship theme of the book so far is extremely prevalent, and I can't help but think of this song. It definitely corresponds with the book, but it also has a lot to say about life. This song makes me happy, justl like my friends. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment