Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thoughts on Chapters 14 and 15 of Never Let Me and the book so far....

"On that journey home, with the darkness setting in over those long empty roads, it felt like the three of us were close again and I didn't want anything to come along and break that mood" (page 183).

 I thought this quote was necessary to incorporate into my blogs because I felt that it not only correlated with Chapters 14 and 15, but it went along with the basic story line as well. For example,  if Kathy or Tommy just voiced their opinions once, maybe this story would be different. However, Kathy just wants to be the mediator. She is only concerned with keeping all of her friends, no matter what they have done to her. If I were Kathy, I would not be friends with Ruth at all, but Kathy thoroughly enjoys Ruth's presence, despite her bipolar mood swings and thrashes against her. It all kind of reminds me of 27 Dresses. I'll explain why after this clip:


So, Jane (the main character of the movie) has a sister who is beautiful but internally a self-centered brat (I would have said something else, but I wanted to keep this G-rated). Jane loves her sister, but Jane just never voices her own opinion. She's just trying not to rock the waters while everyone else enjoys life. Jane doesn't care about herself. This reminds me of Never Let Me Go. Jane is like Kathy. Jane's sister is like Ruth, who takes the man that Jane is in love with. However, Jane's sister has no idea that Jane is in love the guy, just like how Ruth had no idea that Kathy has something for Tommy. And although Jane's boss (similar to Tommy in the book) is very appreciative of everything Jane has done for him, he feels like going for her sister. It's just one big tangled web, all because one person just sits there and doesn't ever stand up to anyone. Wow... This sounds oddly familiar to a story I've been reading..............

No comments:

Post a Comment