Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chapter 10 Brave New World; Literary Term in Use: FORESHADOWING

"Murder kills only the individual" (page 148).

So, even though I have not read the entirety of this book, I am convinced that someone is going to die. Personally, it would be much more reassuring if I was reading a Nicholas Sparks book because I am absolutely positive someone dies in every single one of his books. But that's beside the point. Personally, I don't positively know what this quote means, but I am more than willing to take a stab at it. I think that it means that no matter the murder, no matter how gruesome death can be, murder only kills a person's body. It does not kill a person's soul. The soul, in a nutshell, lives on forever. Unless, the person commits suicide. Then, that person's soul would pretty much be dead, but still. I am not an expert when it comes to death, and only God can decide who goes to heaven and who goes to the place that shall not be named.

Also, I am just seriously confused. Tomakin and the Director are the same person?! But this would mean that the Director started this "institution" as a means of something entirely different than the place he lived before.... This is so confusing. Why would he want a place where there are no mothers, where there are no families or love? What is he thinking? This just threw me for a loop. Hopefully I understand more furthre as the story goes on...........

No comments:

Post a Comment