Monday, July 4, 2011

Chapter 19 Never Let Me Go; thoughts...........

"And almost as an instinct, we both went to her. I took an arm, Tommy supported her elbow on the other side, and we began gently guiding her towards the fence" (page 223).

I love this quote. I feel that it ties in the with the theme of the book. For instance, I feel that the title Never Let Me Go is extremely significant to the theme of the book. When I first picked up this book, I knew that the basic idea of the book was about clones and whatnot. So, I figured the "never let me go" would be that these clones just wanted others to seem them as real people and to demonstrate love to these clones. Little did I know, though, that the love was going to be demonstrated between the characters themselves. And secondly, I love this quote because as much as Ruth gets on everyone's nerves, Tommy and Kathy will always care for her. I feel that this is somewhat of a humbling feeling. In a sense, I feel that this kind of is what it IS like in the real world. Whenever someone dies or someone's health is at risk, others come together because they all genuinely care and love that person and want to do whatever they can to let that person know they care. It just makes me feel that even though we don't always say it, we all wish each other happiness. We all love those whom we hold close to our hearts. Sometimes we love them so much, we love them at their worst. That's why I thought of this song. I feel that the significance of the song even ties into the book. It's about loving others, even for their flaws, because they make us better people.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHoq4bXk7Nw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment