Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chapter 14 Brave New World; Thoughts so far...........

"The look she gave him was charged with an unspeakable terror- with terror and, it seemed to him, reprouach. She tried to raise herself in bed, but fell back on to the pillows. Her face was horribly distorted, her lips blue" (page 205).

This quote just seemed eerie to me, almost too real. It just really struck out at me. It's almost as if Linda saw an inner demon inside John and that's what killed her. I don't know, that's just how I interpreted it. She raised her son to be a decent young man, and what she saw before her scared her. It was almost as if he had lost his innocence and saw the world for what it truly was, and the future evil of the world terrified her. By far, this was the most intense chapter. John is just changing everything about This Place. John reminds me of Tarzan. No, really, he does. Even the story line is very similar. I'll explain after this:


Tarzan is not accepted by his family because he is different, but his mother loves him very much. Then he falls in love with a civilized woman, but this brings out his inner anger. The civilized society takes advantage of him and wants to know him for their own benefits. But when his family come into danger, he wants to do all he can to rescue them. However, society kind of destroys the unity between his family. Now that Linda is dead, I can't help but see the similarites between Tarzan and John. Okay, yes, they're both savages, but their stories correlate with each other in more ways than one. Also, Tarzan and all Disney movies are simply amazing, so of course I'm going to do all I can to find similarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment