Monday, July 4, 2011

Chapter 21 Never Let Me Go: Thoughts So Far......

"Because of course... your art will reveal your inner selves.... Your art will display your souls!" (page 254)

Okay, I'm not gonna lie, this whole clone thing kinda creeps me out. First off, I don't understand it. At all. But the fact that they're EXACTLY like humans, with souls and temptations and all that, kinda gets to me. When I think of clones, I think of robotic beings. Well, I don't even know if I consider them "beings" per say. But maybe that's what Kazuo is trying to point out to me. These clones make this art because they're just like us. Scientists and engineers created them for the benefits of human kind. In order to find cures for cancer and all that, maybe we do need living things to assist the curing process. And perhaps Kazuo is trying to point out what "living" even means. Yes, the clones are living and breathing just like humans, but they also think as well. In my opinion, the clones think TOO much. But what do I expect? The kids at Hailsham were tortured, even though Hailsham was trying to save them.

Also, the fact that they were "forced" to prove they had souls gets to me as well. Why the heck did they HAVE to put things in the Gallery? Even though my eyes are now opened to the reasoning, I still don't get it. Obviously, I don't like being forced to do anything. I feel that we should all live as free people; it's just my secret philosophy in life. I just feel bad for the students at Hailsham. I feel badly for the clones in general. I think that it's dumb that we want to reproduce our own kind for our own selfish desires. If those people were meant to be in the world at all, God would have created them. Yes, curing cancer would be great, but I personally think that God takes people to Him in heaven when they have completed life's tasks. If people were supposed to be free from cancer, God would have cured them. It's all a matter of perspective, in my mind. Even though this book is not based off of a true story, it still brings up many matters that go on in the world itself. When I read this book, I analyze life itself to see what we can do as people to make this world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment