Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chapter 12 Brave New World; Thoughts so far.............

"Lenina alone said nothing. Pale, her blue eyes clouded with an unwonted melancholy, she sat in a corner, cut off from those who surrounded her by an emotion which they did not sahre. She had come to the part filled with a strange feeling of anxious exultation" page 173.

After reading this quote, all I could think of was love. I love the word love. Quite frankly, I love everything about love. Everyone does. It's what we yearn for. So many girls dream of their wedding day. Why? Because a marriage is the ultimate symbol of love. Love love love. It just makes me happy. And the most intriguing love is the love in which we cannot attain ourselves. "We always want what we can't have..." as the saying goes. In this case, Lenina is yearning for John, but he is not paying her the attention in which she is desiring. This miscommunication problem is kind of bothering me because I predict that assume that John doesn't like her anymore. So, she decides to be with other guys to fill the deep hole in her heart. And when John will see her with another guy, war is gonna go down. But that's just my prediction. I'm not entirely sure, and to be honest, I'm wrong most of the time. Think about it though, it is a likely cause....

Okay, back to what I was saying before. We always want what we can't have. So many guys have their eyes on Lenina, but she only wants John. She barely knows him! She only wants him because he's not acting interested in her. I don't know, but this is so typical in society itself. We are so greedy for more. We are blessed with so much, but it's never enough because there's always ONE more thing we need. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this Lenina John situation. On one hand, I want them to just figure out the truth that they both like each other. On the other hand, I like reading about the pursuit. I love romance. This book is getting much better. Why? Because love is being incorporated. Hey, I'm a girl, and love makes me simply giddy. Like I said before, the world loves love. And I am sure that love is going to cause this book to get even more complicated......

No comments:

Post a Comment